Marketing a Business Website
Social Media Marketing / Marketing Optimization
The debate continues in digital / internet marketing on where to focus and invest to maximize the benefits of the company website within Internet Marketing and Social Media to gain extra visibility.
The overall key priority is
- the consistency of the message and positioning of the website, “your business window to the world”,
- and optimizing this image and position to the search engines for gain the highest possible ranking and therefore broader visibility.
The next priority is making increasing the site coverage further in a consistent manner through internet marketing, search engine marketing and social media.
The end goal is get the maximum number of the targeted people visiting your website, and converting them order or contact your company to find out more information or request a quote.
Of course its critical to measure your progress against agreed goals and metrics by an on-going analysis of data about your website e.g. Google Analytics
Therefore the priority investment is your Website,
- in it’s Design Image, Impact and Ease of Navigation,
- the quality of relevant content to Visitors
- it’s core SEO structure in content and links,
- and overall Marketing Optimization of the site so it converts visitors from being visitors to potential customers.
The decision of what elements of Social Media to use should be driven by what your customer will find interesting to help them make a purchase of your products or services.
Start the dialogue with new potential customers on the internet with relevant information:
Show how your product works and is superior e.g. video on YouTube, show “friends” on Facebook
Promote Special Activities or Offers e.g. Blog new announcements, Twitter live info
Present the credentials of your Product or Services e.g. Company capabilities presentation on Slide Share
Make it relevant, consistent and build a pathway to closure.