2011 – Internet Marketing Opportunities created
Internet Marketing went through significant change in 2011 and provides fresh opportunities for business entrepreneurs.
- Google Panda search results ranking alogrithm change – improved the quality in search results
- Continued growth in SoLoMo across the Internet – confirmed that internet marketing is much broader than SEO and website marketing
2012 – Internet Marketing – 10 Tips / Trends
1. Successful on line Search is still focused on helpful information (relevant and unique)
– Providing solutions with quality content marketing
2. Analytics and Webmaster Tools
– Avoid “paralysis by analysis” – set your targets and measure – it continues to be all about Conversion to Contact or RFQ
– Know your customers and what attracts visitors and making them stay
3. Positioning is Everything
– It continues to be more and more evident that it’s impossible to be “all things to everybody”
– Matt Cutts (Google) Sept 2011: “If you concentrate on a very specific niche, you can outrank the big guys”
4. Social Networking makes it Personal
– Search is becoming more personal as socializing is the new media platform.
5. Referrals and Reviews
– Feedback (Reviews / Comments) through all online / internet interfaces is critical, to improve as well as improved visibility
– Consumers and Google love reviews, Google’s will continue to do a better job marketing Google +
– Mobile usage increased 4 fold in 2011, and continues to grow, most people will interface with internet in the hand rather than at a desk
– One out of every three mobile searches has a local intent.
– One in five searches has a local intent.
– Local Listings …..critical…….Local Listings + reviews even better (build a additional presence on sites such as Citysearch and Yelp)
8. Multi On-Line Presence
– Not only about the website: Facebook, Youtube, Flickr, Yelp, Google Maps / Places etc
– It’s about the quality of the presence / information and consistency
9. Writing a Blog adds Value
– Essential for Speed, Flexibility, Customer / reader Response, and Share of Search Results
10. Dynamic Internet Marketing is becoming More Dynamic
– Means constant change and regular review of competitors activities is essential
Contact John Cullen