Why is Small Business slow to adopt Internet Marketing?
The answer, in my view, is because the Technical “Gurus” like complexity, it makes them feel special and knowledgeable, unfortunately this complexity adds liitle value to the business process and restricts adoption.
This is what made Steve Jobs so special and why he was different, he understood the art and benefit of keeping the most complex elements of technology simple.
The KISS principle* (Keep It Simple Stupid) is more relevant than ever: KISS principle states that most systems work best if they are kept simple rather than made complex, therefore to simplify should be a key goal in design and unnecessary complexity should be avoided.
So here is a simple overview of the Internet Marketing Funnel Process, which attempts to illustrate:
- as with traditional marketing, internet marketing starts with positioning of product or services
- finding out how to communicate to people that are the potential target audience
- presenting the benefits and value of your product or service
- encouraging them to purchase, and enjoy benefits so much they come back for more
- and tell others how great it is
- Allows your business to communicate with more people in more places than before
- Most of the communication and “conversation with potential customers” is free
- Everything is measurable, so lets you cut out what doesn’t work
- Provides the opportunity to compete against the bigger competition
- Creates new ideas and fresh thinking, can revitalize your business
- The clearer your positioning and competitive advantage, the easier the reach to customers