Checklist for Artists – How to Increase Qualified Visits to your Website
Artist Marketing: Positioning, Background and Planning
Decide on who you are and what you do e.g. the personality and style of your art, and what you want to communicate through
your paintings and drawings.
List the profile and type of people who like and buy your art e.g. is it the art medium, the colors and values, the chosen subjects, etc
Website Pages and Site Map Structure
1. Write down the list of Information and Content you want to include in your website:
Introduction – Home Page
Examples of Art – by subject, by medium
Information about Artist – Art education, Exhibitions, Collections
2. Select Keywords that Describe the above Content and each Artwork
Check out these tools to help you find out what people are searching for.
Google keyword tool
3. Research the current search results and the competition you face in getting #1 page results
4. List how the web pages should “link” together, so visitors can navigate from different topics and get the information they want fast!
Marketing Artist Website and Internet Visibility
How to increase presence of your art and How to build external “links” to your website.
- List your website with all Search Engine Local Business Directories e.g. google Maps / Places. Yahoo Local, Bing Local using relevant keywords from your site
- Open an accounts with different Photo Sharing sites upload photos of your top paintings with descriptions using keyword / phrases and links to your site
e.g. Flickr Photobucket Picasa Shutterfly Webshots Fotki
- Start a Blog on WordPress and describe your approach to art, your work style and the subjects you select to paint, add links to your website on each Blog
- Open an Account with YouTube and make videos of how paintings are created, describe the content using relevant keywords from your site and add links to your website
- Join relevant Art Forums online and express your opinions, and when relevant encourage people to visit your website to see examples of your work
- Ensure all external listings of your artwork e.g. galleries, exhibitions, collections, local newspaper articles, not just list your name but also has a link to your website
- Research the high ranking websites of local “artist competitors” and find out what external links they have, and also establish links on same key sites
- Connect with friends, other artists, colleagues, past buyers and encourage all to bookmark to link with your website, build reciprocal links
- Update your website and blog regularly with relevant comments on art and art within your local community
- Join Facebook and LinkedIn other Social Media networking and exchange points of view
More Information visit