Trends as outlined by Mary Meeker some years ago are now a reality with the shift to Social, Local and Mobile and Sharing Knowledge
- Target segments start with dialogue with one person
- Think Customer Needs as you build Customer-Led positioning
- Its a Consumers Choice and Input that drives innovation through customization
- Pricing must be Flexible in the new comparative world, dynamic like rest of marketing mix
- 365/24/7 Communication and Distribution with Integrated supply chain
- Advertising / Branding are now interactive
- Information and Anayltics are knowledge creation, there are no secrets..
- Internet Marketing – Dynamic and Global
SUMMARY – Small Business Competitive Advantage in a Flat World
- Keep OPEN MIND but GET INVOLVED to be PART of the Social DYNAMICS
- CLEAR DISTINCT POSITIONING of BUSINESS PROPOSITION and CUSTOMER BENEFITS
- Set Goals ………..Use metrics…….Measure Improvements
- Focus on Competitive Advantage…..Point of Difference
- Become the Best Knowledge source…..
- Find How to Help People…in Business and Social contacts….
- Remember: Not Everything on it’s own has an ROI……Total Picture / Holistic